Machu Picchu Full Day
Cusco, Machu Picchu
Duration: 1 Dia
Max Altitud: 2630 m
Machu Picchu Full Day
There are many ways to get to Machu Picchu; if you have a few days, you can choose to enter the Inca city by one of the amazing hiking routes that reach it, for example the incredible Inca Trail Peru, and know? It is among the 5 best walks in the world!!! or the walk through the Salkantay Mountain, within the first 20. But if you do not have the necessary days to enter Machu Picchu for some amazing routes but still want to get to Machu Picchu, we will show you how to make the excursion to Machu Picchu in one day.
- Machu Picchu day trip from Cusco
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu citadel
- Unique views of the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Daily Departures
Price Per Night
- 05:00: Pick up from your Hotel to Ollantaytambo train station
- 05:01 – 06-50: Driving throught of the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- 07:20: Train to Aguas Calientes town
- 07:20 – 09:10: View the beutiful landscapes, Flora and Fauna
- 09:10: Meet with your guide and transfer to the bus station
- 09:30: Tourist bus up to the Machu Picchu Citadel
- 10:00 – 12:00: Arrival and guide tour in Machu Picchu
- 12:00 – 13:00 Walk around of the lost city of the Incas
- 14:00: Tourist bus down
- 14:30 – 18:30: Free time in Aguas Calientes
- 19:00: Train return to Ollantaytambo
- 20:30: Our driver will be waiting for you with sign to transfer to Cusco
- 22:00: Arrived at your hotel
The tour begins with pick-up from your hotel very early at morning, to take you to the station of Ollantaytambo, the trip is about an hour and a half to two hours until you reach the train station, once there you can board the Expedition train that will take you to Machu Picchu Town where your guide will be waiting for you so that you can go to the bus station and go up to the citadel of Machu Picchu .
Once in Machu Picchu, you will have a guided tour of 2 hours to know and visit the most outstanding places of Machu Picchu, after that you can tour the citadel on your own until the time of departure that is at noon. After this you can get off by bus to Machu Picchu town where you will have all the time available to do some other activities, such as visiting the streets of the city, visit the thermal baths and relax, also the Manuel Chávez Ballón Museum, please note that any of these visits are not included in the package.
A very important note to keep in mind is that you must be at the train station half an hour before departure. Your return train could leave the Machu Picchu Town station at 3:20 pm (it depends of the availbility), so you must be at the train station at 2:50 pm. Once on the train, this will be arriving at the Ollantaytambo Station our staff will take you up to the mobility for your return to Cusco leaving you at your hotel.
- Transportation to and from the train station.
- Tourist train Ollantaytambo-Machupicchu-Ollantaytambo.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Bus Conssetur Round Trip to Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes-Machupicchu-Aguas Calientes)
- Guide in English-Spanish language.
- Expenses not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Entrance to Machupicchu Mountain
- Entrance to Manuel Chavez Ballon Museum
We Recommend you to Bring :
- Passport: Carry it is very important
- Inmigration Card (actualized)
- ISIC card: If you booked as a student
- A good hiking shoes: Comfortable and useful on all terrain
- Waterproof: Especially in rainy seasons
- Sunscreen: Avoid the ultraviolet ray
- Coca leaf
- They will not let you enter Machu Picchu if you do not present your printed Machu Picchu ticket.
- In high season all tickets to Machu Picchu must be booked months in advance, so you can have enough time to reserve everything else you need for your trip to Machu Picchu.
- If you have already seen that if you can do Machu Picchu in just one day from Cusco, then remember that if you are going to reserve any of the mountains in Machu Picchu, you must do it in the second group, but not only for the limited time, but to avoid arrive on time to enter the mountains in the first groups in the first groups.
Freequently Asked Questions
What is Machu Picchu?
Are there llamas in Machu Picchu?
Yes, there are several adorable llamas in the old city. Actually, there are just over 20 llamas (28-35). They all have names that can be found on labels behind their ears. Sobe prepare and take some funny photos with llamas!!
When to go to Machu Picchu?
The time is not really a problem in Machu Picchu the minimum temperatures vary between 8 ºC and the maximum ones around 20 ºC. We recommend that you always carry something raincoat with you, because the geography of Machu Picchu means that rain can fall at any time of the year. However, there are big differences between coming in the rainy season or during the dry season; If you definitely do not want to get wet, you can choose to come between the months of April and October, dry season, but coming in the rainy season also has its advantages, lower prices, fewer people and Machu Picchu in its more intense green. The intermediate months (April and September), offer the best of both seasons.
Machu Picchu be visited by people of any age?
Machu Picchu can be visited by people of all ages; However, it is possible that children under 8 are not very clear, where they are or how amazing it can be, that is why they do not pay to enter Machu Picchu; however, you can reward them with a tour of the Butterfly House.